Granicoat is a revolutionary solid surface material, factory applied by a fabricator, using conventional spray equipment.
It can be purchased in a one-component system with a shelf life of up to 6 months. It can also be purchased as a two-part system (standard formula ONLY and for domestic customers) for a longer shelf life. Granicoat can be sprayed both in-mold and post-mold to make products, including:
- Kitchen countertops
- Vanities, sinks
- Shower pans
- Shower and bath enclosures
- Wall panels
- Table tops
- Architectural moldings
- In-ground fiberglass swimming pools and spas
Available in unlimited designs and colors, Granicoat has the same characteristics and properties of the traditional solid surface sheets, but at approximately 2/3 the cost of leading solid surface sheets on the market.
Granicoat is available in various grades depending on the application:
- Ultra Granicoat® (GCU) – A modified Granicoat product that gives extra UV protection to products. It is ideal for outdoor use where products will be exposed to ultraviolet light. GCU has been tested and passed 1,000 hours accelerated UV protection on post-cured products. This product is available in most of the standard Granicoat colors.
- Granicoat® Ultra Pool™ (GCUP) – Can be used for in-ground, fiberglass swimming pools, spas or pool slides where the product will be exposed to chemicals, direct sunlight, water and other outdoor elements. ULTRA Granicoat Pool has been tested to withstand those harsh elements and is available in select colors with custom color creation available.
- FR2 Granicoat™ – A modified Granicoat coating that once fully cured, will pass "Class A" fire rating when used with Class A fire retardant substrates and/or matrixes. It is available in most of our standard Granicoat colors. U.S. Patent Number 8,128,999.
- Graniflex™ – A modified Granicoat product that is more flexible and less susceptible to breakage and/or cracking when it is de-molded from a complicated shaped mold. It is available in all of our standard Granicoat colors.
U.S. Patent Noumber 7,442,726 - Various International Patents